CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Holidays = Sick

What is it about holidays that equal sickness? It's Labor Day Weekend...I have Monday off work...and I get sick Friday night! Not just me mind you, Little Man got the crud too! Poor guy! He slept almost all weekend because he didn't feel good. :(

And, I think the crud has worked it's way to my brain, because the Hubby and I were watching Robin Hood while Hunter was napping.....the good Robin Hood, the one with Kevin Costner....and there was a scene where a woman birthed a baby, which immediately made me start bawling like a baby! My husband's eyes get HUGE and he says in a tone which makes me think he's about to run for cover, "What on earth is wrong with you!" To which I respond with, "Hunter's not that little anymore!!!!!" He starts laughing at me, calls me a fruitcake, and goes back to watching Mr. Costner. You know, I never thought I would be one of those women who would want lots of kids, and maybe I still don't want lots, but I can see why people have more than one child....the first one is so cute and cuddly but then gets bigger and you miss the littleness, so what happens, you have another one, and the cycle continues. You don't want to give up the littleness!
But with a face like this, how could you not want another one?! ------Except that I swore off even thinking about another babycakes until I loose all my baby weight...and I've got 5 pounds left! I set a goal of losing all the weight I gained by his first birthday which is in 15 days. I don't know if I'll lose those last 5 by then, but I feel so proud of myself for getting back into better shape than I was before I got pregnant! Of course, since I've been snotty for the past weekend I haven't got to work out at all, but that also means that I really didn't eat anything either, so it all balances out, right?
I hope everyone else had a great non-sick Labor Day weekend!!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Nope, we had a sick Labor Day weekend too. Those spots Natalie had turned into hives all over her little body. We went to the ER Thursday because she was getting worse. By Friday, she had turned into one big hive! Mommy had a mental breakdown because I couldn't help her and she was so miserable. By Saturday, she was feeling a little better and when Sunday rolled around she was back to her normal self. We actually got to recoup on Monday. One stinking day! I guess that is better than nothing!

I know what you mean about the cute cuddliness... I have been fighting the urge for months now. The only thing that is keeping me from having another one is the daycare expense. I would be able to afford it!
Sarah P.

QuiltSue said...

Your little Hunter is so gorgeous.

Post a Comment