I'm linkin up with them RHOK'n Girls for their In Your Neck of the Woods Tuesday!
There have been a lot of wet britches at our casa. We've been doing lots and lots of this
Aren't the crabbie britches cute?! My mom got them for him.
Last Saturday we all went to the the Lake House at Ft. Gibson (no, my parents haven't sold it yet!) and spent the whole day out on the boat fishing.
I'm happy to announce that (thanks to the Momma) the short man had no traces of a sunburn!
The tall man, on the other hand, not so much. I honestly think I would have heard less whining from MY Hunter about a burn than I've heard from THE hunter. Big baby!
Sunday night I made supper for the men, and decided to try something new. I've been wanting to try the Pioneer Woman's Chicken Parmigiana........oh, good Lord was it yummy! My mouth is watering just thinking about it!
So, here's the Mamie Amy take on the Pioneer Woman's Chicken Parm:
- I didn't flatten mine out nearly as flat as hers. Flat chicken is flat creepy....so there.
- I used half of a red onion instead of a whole.
- I used a few more cloves of garlic, because garlic is yum in my tum.
- She says to use wine after you cook the garlic and onions, and I did. The chardonnay I won from the RHOK Out! I'm tellin you, that wine made a WORLD of difference! It added just a bit of sweetness without being too sweet.....which is why I didn't add the sugar that she says to put in.
- She also calls for dumping in 3 14.5oz cans of crushed tomatoes. Yeah well, I couldn't find that size so I got 2 of the big cans.....yeah you only need one big one!
- She calls for 1 pound of linguine......I cooked a whole 13.5ox box......OVERKILL! We definitely could have just done a half a box.
- Last but not least, she says to put the chickey in and let it cook long enough in the sauce for the Parmesan to melt.....you try making 2 hungry men wait for some cheese to melt. Didn't happ'n cap'n!
As you can see, MY Hunter loved it!
Something completely and totally creepy happened to me Sunday, and since we're tight and all, I'm gonna share it with you.
THE hunter and I were laying in bed Sunday afternoon watching TV while the little man was taking a nap. All of a sudden a spot on my *ahem* delicate area started to hurt like I had been pinched. I went into the bathroom to check it out, and low and behold there is a tick on my girl parts! Talk about freaking out, thy name is Amy! I had to get THE hunter to get it off! Like it's not bad enough to have the man witness me pushing a baby out of my nether regions, but let's have him pull a tick off them too! I can't even imagine what he was thinking when I thrust a bottle of Dawn dish soap and tweezers at him and told him to get this tick off me!!!!!
I'm pretty sure The Tick Removal of 2011 has killed any passionate thoughts THE hunter has towards me for the time being. Not that I can blame him. I'm pretty creeped out too! I hate ticks! (pun alert) They TICK me off!!!!!! lol, sorry couldn't help myself!