Last week I literally had people making me cry every. single. day. of. the. week!!!!!
I am sooooooo over rude, hateful, crabby people.
Let me break it down for ya:
1) I'm sorry that you're having a bad day/ month/ year/ life, but don't take it out on me!
2) Rude people are not cool. One of my biggest pet peeves on the planet is rudeness.Grrrrr!
3) You picked your medical insurance, not me, so don't scream at me that you have to pay a copay every time you walk through my doors. Again, you picked it. Not me.
4) It is RUDE to hang up on people without saying good-bye. R-U-D-E!!!!! Take the extra 3 seconds it takes to say 'bye, m'kay?!
Ok, now that I've got that out of my system, Sunday was Father's Day so, after I dragged my carcass out of bed at about 8:00 (which is amazing, really) I gathered all the ingredients to make the men Cinnamon Roll Pancakes!!!!!
Oh. My. Gosh.
Dawn (the fabulous) posted last week this yum-yum recipe for Cinnamon Roll Pancakes and I immediately knew this is what I wanted to make for Father's Day breakfast. I need to insert this bit of info for y'all: I am NOT a breakfast person....unless someone else is making the breakfast and bringing it to me in bed. I don't do breakfast. So, because I am not a breakfast person, I don't make breakfast for the men in my house. Call me a bad wife or momma, but it ain't my thang. So, to make up for this no-breakfast-cooking 364 days a year, I made them these AWESOME pancakes!
You also need to know that I healthy-fied them up a bit! Shocking, I know.
I doubled the recipe:
1) instead of 1 cup of butter for the cinnamon filling, I only used 1/2 (because I'm the one that has to work that butter off ya know).
2)I tried to swirl the cinnamon filling around the pancake, but that was a horrible disaster. So, I just dumped the whole bag of cinnamon junk into the pancaked batter and mixed it up.
3)Speakin of batter, you could totally get away with using a box of pancake mix and adding the cinnamon and cream cheese stuff to it. Just sayin.
4)A little of the cream cheese topping goes a long way......to your hips and thighs.....plus it's super sweet, so add a dab and spread it with a spoon of the pancake while it's still warm!
I hope everyone had a great Father's Day....
and pray for me so that I'll have a much nicer and rude-people-free week! (because I don't think I can take much more...or I'm running away to the home for run-away mothers)