CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My Neck O' The Woods - Birthday

It's Tuesday again, which means I'm linking back up with the Real Housewives of Oklahoma for Your Neck Of the Woods.

Honestly, I don't even know where to begin on this one.
It's just been nuts lately.

Here we go:

Cooking Club: Theme - Pioneer Woman! Result - too much calorie consumption but oh so yummy! I made her Sweet Cinnamon Scones....which just about drove me to drink.....or calling the ladies to tell them I wouldn't be coming because the scones hated me and I equally hated them back.


They weren't scones, they were.......I can't even think of the appropriate word. They just weren't. So in honor of the fact that they ended up more like thick Snickerdoodle cookies instead of scones, I give you this clip.



Henceforth, my rolling pin shall now and forever be called my Cakensmoosher!

Let's see, um then we had the ER visit of 2011 with MY Hunter.

The hunter had just finished towelling off the man from his bath and told little man to "run to momma in the living room so she can put your diaper on!" Well he ran....right into the coffee table. He almost knocked himself out! There was blood and tears everywhere! The hunter and I were concerned that he might have a concussion since he hit the table to hard, so we made the trip to the ER.....were we didn't leave for a good 3 hours.
See this poor deformed looking man, he did it. Please do not call DHS on me! Henceforth, the coffee table now lives in the garage, where it will stay until MY Hunter is old enough to drive.

Next day = my birthday. No more birthdays. I'm done.

Moving on.

I've been trying to get some quilting done.

So, I got the binding on the adorable pink baby quilt making this one done just in time for the baby shower next week!
Then I tried working on the applique part of the quilt I'm making for MY Hunter's nurse.

All was going well, until my machine broke on the second one.

I need a good cry......and a big margarita.....and a vacation.....with a big margarita.

Today = my anniversary with The hunter.

Again, I need a margarita and a vacation!


P.S. I just want to say for the record that I hate Blogger. I can't leave comments on a lot of people's blog. I'm not being ugly by not leaving comments...I just can't because of stupid Blogger!

8 comments:

Lista said...

Happy anniversary! Your quilts are lovely and your little man is adorable, even with a swollen lip.

jennykate77 said...

AWE!! Poor little guy. I think bumps and bruises are just part of growing up. Isaiah has had many run-ins with end tables and walls, etc. LOL

You HAVE to keep having birthdays, but you don't have to get any older. Like me, I'm 29...still...and I'll be 29 next year too. ;)

Blogger is stupid sometimes. I had the comment issue a week or so ago...then I had a posting issue. It's always something, but I can't break up with Blogger, because I'm not fond of WordPress either.

Hope you're having a good week!!

Happy Belated Birthday!!♥

~Mrs. E

jennykate77 said...

Oh, and Happy Anniversary!!

momof3girls said...

Well you have had SO much going on!!! First off happy birthday!! Those cinnamon scones sound amazing! I love that u have a name for ur rolling pin!! & I agree a broken sewing machine deserves at least 2 margaritas! (big ones like Los cabos serves is my recommendation or a candle holder used for drinking like on cougar town!!). Hope this week is more peaceful!

Lindsey said...

Beautiful quilt! I have tried quilting and I just don't know how to finish them. lol I see you love cross stitch! I am a super fan of cross stitch!

Impulsive Addict said...

Mimi from Living in France (a fellow blogger) did a post on this last week. You should try to find it. She fixed the problem. I haven't had that problem yet but lots of people are blogging about it lately.

I love me some PW. She has the BEST recipes! I'm sure you made her proud!

Look at your poor little man! OH NO! I hope Emma doesn't do this. My coffee table is non-forgiving. I hope he's feeling better!

I know I told you HB on FB but I'll say it again....HAPPY BIRTHDAY! And I hope your hunter honey does something special for your anniversary!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Have you tried signing out of blogger, deleting your cookies, and signing back onto blogger? And don't check the "keep me signed in" box...that seems to be causing a problem for some people. blessings, marlene

Dawn said...

Awe. I'm sorry about your little guy. Smart to put the coffee table away.

We always put the coffee table away while our kids are young. I've seen and heard too many horror stories.

The only trip we've had to make to the ER with Camryn was to have a waddded up paper towel removed from her nose. LOL!

The scones were delish! They really were.

Sorry about your machine. I hope you can get it fixed soon.

But, if not, I'm all for a girls' weekend away with margaritas! =)

Post a Comment