CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 14, 2011

Still Hangin Around

I haven't fallen off the face of the planet. I've just been so busy.....and honestly I just haven't been real motivated to blog much lately. I don't really know what my deal is. Maybe it's like workin out...once you've stopped for a little while, it's super hard to get back into the swing of things. I'm hoping this blog post will re motivate me to start posting again.

Christmas was beyond crazy. When you have a cute guy (yes, I'm biased) everyone wants a piece of him. It was a wonderful Christmas, but we didn't put a Christmas tree up this year because 1) we didn't have one, 2) we couldn't afford one, and 3) I didn't need MY Hunter to pull it down! So.......yesterday my Mom called me and told me that she found one at Hobby Lobby that was originally $500 on sale for $50!!!!!! AND she bought 3 boxes of lights for under $10 at Garden Ridge!!!!!!!!! Thank God for moms!

I'm still working on my Secret Santa quilt. No too much progress there. BUT one of the girls that I work with is getting married early March....which means she needs a wedding quilt! I'm using Moda's Pure to make a french braid quilt. I've never made a french braid quilt before, but Pure's pretty blues and browns are just gorgeous!!!!! I can't wait to finish it and give it to her and her soon-to-be!!!! I think it's completely appropriate choice of colors.....you know....something blue!


Also, I saw a picture from the Houston Quilt Show of this:


Isn't it beautiful! I had to have one! So after some searching I found out the The Quilt Show was offering up this BOM from Sue Garmin! This looks waaaaaaay beyond my quilt knowledge level, but there's no harm in gathering up the fabric and patterns for the future, right?!

1 comments:

Em said...

Go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to Blogland. Love, Em

Post a Comment