CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My Neck O' The Woods - Yumm

I've been doing a lot of baking lately, what with the holidays and all.
So, I wanted to share these last two dishes that I've fixed up!
1) No Bake Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Cake
This was sooooo yummy and light and refreshing on a super hot summer day. I found this recipe the other day on Deep South Dish and it's super simple to make. 1 prepared graham cracker crust (which I had a coupon for), I 12 oz tub of Cool Whip (I used the fat free kind...surprised aren'tcha?), 16oz strawberry fruit on the bottom yogurt (I used Greek yogurt), a couple drops of red food coloring, and some sliced up strawberries on top! See? Easy easy and ridiculously light and healthy!
2) Blueberry Chocolate Chunk Cupcakes I found these over at Paula Deen and they're.....a little weirder for me and my taste buds. They are chocolate chip with fresh blueberries.....and apple butter.....and maple syrup. Uh huh. They're different. I made these up last night and asked THE hunter what he thought. I didn't get a lot of response on these. When I tried them I thought that they're not super "WOW!" but not super "YUCK!" either. They're just different. We'll see what the girls at work think of them today. Guinea pigs! lol
Hope y'all had a wonferful and safe 4th of July!!!!

3 comments:

ThatsBaloney said...

Seems like they should be tasty? They look pretty!

The 4-Crows Blog said...

The blueberry looks pretty so it should be yummy! But it had a few out of cabinet ingredients so...I pinned the strawberry!!! Lol! I have a strawberry pie recipe for you! I may just have to put it on one of the blogs this week! Hmmm..I'll get it to you fo sho!

Sabrina Lemons said...

So what did the girls at work think?

Post a Comment